Vegan Gyro Salad

Veggie-packed and delicious, this salad recipe is inspired by classic greek gyros. Instead of meat, chickpeas sautéed with greek spices are added as the protein. This recipe for vegan gyro salad also has sliced baked flatbread for a crunch, juicy tomatoes, red onions, and it is tossed with a tangy, creamy vegan tzatziki sauce – proving that healthy vegan salad recipes do not have to be boring!

I was first inspired to put sautéed chickpeas into a salad when I was making a vegan version of a chicken caesar salad. Simply making a caesar salad by just omitting the chicken was not filling enough for me and not satisfying to my taste buds! I love my salads to have lots of texture, some crunch, and tons of flavor.

You definitely do not have to sacrifice good, hearty salads when you’re omitting meat.

Since I also replace the meat in gyros with chickpeas, a light bulb went off in my head – gyro-inspired salad with chickpeas sounded SO GOOD. And guys, I was right. (<—That’s me tooting my own horn.)



INGREDIENTS

  • 1 slice of flatbread
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
  • 1/4 teaspoon dill
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 clove of garlic - minced or crushed
  • 4 cups of salad greens*
  • 1 tomato - chopped
  • 1/4 red onion - chopped
  • vegan tzatziki sauce

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
  • Cut flatbread into bite size pieces and place on baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, turning over halfway through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a little salt if desired.
Full Recipes>>Vegan Gyro Salad




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel