Vegan Chicken Nuggets

I feel like I have to mention the whole fried thing because when I post a recipe like this I can be sure somebody will ask if they can be baked. The answer, in this case is yes, but they won’t be as good. I tried a baked version a month or so ago and ended up scrapping it because those nuggets were just okay. If you’d prefer to bake them, do so at your own risk (and at a time and temperature of your own choosing, because like I said, I didn’t like mine so you probably don’t want to use my instructions for the baked version).



Vegan Chicken Nuggets

 Course Main
 Prep Time 45 minutes
 Cook Time 20 minutes
 Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes

Ingredients

  • For the Nuggets
  • 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained
  • 1 (14 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp. liquid smoke, to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste

For the Batter

  • 1 cup unflavored soy or almond milk
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
  • For the Coating
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • black pepper to taste

For Frying

  • olive oil, or any high smoke point oil

Instructions


Full Recipes>>Vegan Chicken Nuggets




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel