WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE


So awhile ago my sister posted a recipe for Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake which she loves to make because she prefers chocolate cake over vanilla. Me on the other hand, I prefer vanilla.



I didn’t know a vanilla version of the Texas Sheet Cake existed until recently. As soon as I found out I put it on my list of things to try baking.  Yes, I have a long list of things I want to bake, its a never ending list. Some recipes get bumped to the top of the list, this was one of those recipes.

WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE

Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24

INGREDIENTS

Cake:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (I used salted)
1 cup water
2 cups All-Purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
1 teaspoon baking soda
Frosting:
½ cup (1 stick) butter (I used salted)
¼ cup milk
4½ cups powdered sugar
½ teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
In a medium sized saucepan, bring butter and water to boil.
In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Mix. Add in eggs, sour cream, almond extract (or vanilla), & baking soda. Slowly pour in the boiling butter/water mixture. Stir until smooth.
Pour into greased baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown & toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake for 20 minutes.
For Frosting: In a mixing bowl add powdered sugar & almond extract & set aside.
In a medium sized saucepan, add ½ cup butter and ¼ cup milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and pour into bowl of powdered sugar/almond extract. Stir until smooth and combined. Spread over warm cake. (If frosting is too thick add a little extra milk)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel