Italian Rum Cake Recipe


This Italian rum cake recipe is one of those Italian cakes I asked my grandma to make me every time I'd come visit. The first time I asked her for the recipe I was about twenty.



 I was SHOCKED when she told me it was made from a cake mix! I always reverenced this recipe with that magic-grandma-feeling. I was a teeny weeny bit disappointed when I found out. However, I got over it quickly.

Italian Rum Cake Recipe


INGREDIENTS:

 1 box of yellow (NOT LEMON) cake mix
 1 package of vanilla instant pudding (the 4 serving size) - Oh and wait, you may not need the pudding (see below)
4eggs
 1/2 oil
 1 cup of walnuts
 1/2 cup dark rum

INGREDIENTS:

 1 stick of butter*
 1 cups of sugar (not powdered)
 1/4 cup water
 1/2 cup of dark rum

Procedure:
 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
 Grease the bundt or tube pan
 Pour the 1 cup of chopped nuts over the bottom of the pan
 Mix all the cake ingredients together
 Blend well
 Pour batter over nuts
 Bake for 1 hour
 While the cake is baking for the hour - prepare the glaze

GLAZE PREP:
 Melt the butter in a sauce pan
 Stir in the water and sugar
 Boil the glaze mixture for 5 minutes stirring constantly (Really. Don't walk away to do facebook, pinterest, or even to do "something". Stay and stir.)
 Add the rum AFTER you pull the mixture off of the stove.

PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
When the cake has cooled and then invert on the serving plate
 Prick the top
 Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the sides and top.
 Allow the cake to absorb the glaze as MUCH as possible(yes there will be a small puddle on the plate - but the cake will absorb it the next 12 hours)
 Cover with saran, (put toothpicks on top) or aluminum foil. Try and get a tight seal so the cake will absorb the rum!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel