Post Workout Smoothie

This Post Workout Smoothie is the perfect drink to recharge after a tough workout!  Chock full of ingredients to replenish your body.

You guys.  Have you ever been to a barre class?  OMG.  If you have been to one you know what I’m talking about.  If you’ve never been to one, let me give you a basic idea of what it’s like.  Picture a bunch of ladies in leggings doing the HARDEST WORKOUT EVER.  I started going to barre classes a few weeks ago and it is probably the best (and hardest) workout I have ever done.  I end each class drenched in sweat, sore and STARVING.

It doesn’t help that I have to walk by a doughnut shop on my way home.  Last week I was only able to resist the doughnut because I knew I was making this Post Workout Smoothie when I got home from my workout.  Not that this smoothie is a doughnut, I mean, it’s a smoothie, let’s all be reasonable.  BUT, it is a really tasty smoothie filled with ingredients that replenish your body after a tough workout. The Mayo Clinic suggests that you eat a small meal with both protein and carbohydrates within two hours of a workout to help your muscles recover, and the other ingredients can help fight muscle soreness.



POST WORKOUT SMOOTHIE


INGREDIENTS

1 frozen banana

heaping 1/2 cup frozen pineapple

heaping 1/2 cup frozen cherries

1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt

1 and 1/4 cups coconut water (I like Zico)

INSTRUCTIONS

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  If smoothie is too thick, add more coconut water or plain water to reach desired consistency.  Drink immediately.

Full Recipes

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel