Toddler Approved Smoothie Recipe

Lincoln has always loved helping out in the kitchen but over the last few months he’s been really eager to be involved in anything we’re doing. Usually it means dumping in ingredients for cookies or muffins but lately we’ve also let him try his hand with smoothies and breakfast shakes. I find he’s more eager to eat something if he’s helped prepare it, so I’m always looking for more ways to engage him in food prep (when I actually do food prep :/).

When visiting Grandma and Grandpa, Lincoln always has lots of applesauce so when I was shopping at Walmart recently I picked up some in pouches (I think Lincoln will still be eating pouches by the time he’s eighteen) along with some of Mott’s Tot’s Apple Juice (I usually water down juices so I’m a huge fan that this has 40% less sugar and is geared toward being a healthy first juice for toddlers). They currently have a new line of unsweetened items too! What’s even better is that Mott’s is made with real fruit and is an excellent source of vitamins which helps Lincoln start strong and grow strong! We used the apple juice in a new smoothie recipe we tried out and everyone was a fan (except my blender, I shouldn’t have doubled the recipe).



For the Smoothie (adapted from Martha Stewart):

What You’ll Need:


  • 1 1/4 cups apple juice
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen mango chunks

What You’ll Do:

  • Place all ingredients in blender and mix until smooth.




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel