Roasted Potato Cups with Loaded Guacamole

I apologize, I was a little lazy around Easter time and didn’t post any Easter recipes.  It’s not that I don’t like deviled eggs or hot crossed buns (I actually don’t think I’ve ever had hot crossed buns before, but once upon a time I did learn how to play the song on the piano!), I guess I just wasn’t feeling super inspired.  When I was a kid we had the most amazing Easter egg hunts and Easter potluck (the Easter egg hunts were seriously the best in the world and better than any kid could ever ask for!), but now that I’m older, I don’t really do much Easter celebrating. 

I do, however, do some mean Cinco De Mayo celebrating!  If you’re familiar with my blog, you know that I can’t get enough Mexican food.  So, I guess you could say that I’m celebrating Cinco De Mayo and sharing this recipe as an excuse to post yet another Mexican recipe on here.  I hope you don’t mind!  And, since I neglected to give you an Easter recipe, I’ve kinda combined the two holidays into one with this dish.  Maybe we can call it “Easter/Cinco De Mayo Fusion”??  Something about that phrase makes me think of hard boiled eggs and tequila…  Maybe I’ll have to think of something else to call it!  Regardless of what we call it, this recipe is super easy and delicious and there is a chance that I made it while my husband was out of town and then ate them all for dinner…

Use a melon baller or sharp teaspoon to scoop out the inside of the potato.  PS-if you roast the little balls of potato with some olive oil and spices, they are just like tater tots!



INGREDIENTS
ROASTED POTATO CUPS

  • 1.5 pounds baby red potatoes, or 1 small bag
  • 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

LOADED GUACAMOLE

  • 1 and 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned, or fresh
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomato
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Radish, cut into matchsticks to garnish, if desired
  • Cilantro leaves for garnish, if desired

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Cut each potato in half and using a melon baller or sharp teaspoon, scoop out the inside of the potato leaving about 1/4 inch border.
  • Put potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with spices.
  • Place potatoes on a large sheet pan and put in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, flipping once, until potatoes are fork tender. Let cool for a few minutes.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel