Mini Carrot Cake Cookie Bites with Cream Cheese Filling

If you are like me and love teeny tiny one bite desserts these will be right up your alley. My Mini Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are bursting with flavor in each little cookie. 

Carrot cake is one of my weaknesses. Store bought cakes don’t really appeal to me. They generally taste fake and overly sugary. I moved past wanting to eat the bright pink icing flowers long ago. The exception is store bought carrot cake. Maybe they use more real ingredients or maybe it’s just the cream cheese icing but when I see one of those it is very hard to resist a piece.

With my due date a week past and baby still cooking in my huge round belly one of the ways I’ve been nesting is by baking. The funny part about this recipe is I didn’t set out to make cookies. I set out to make a copycat recipe for the Keto Love Carrot Cake Almond Butter I love so much.

I’m not sure where exactly I went wrong but it started looking more like cookie dough than almond butter and I decided to throw in some egg whites, bake it, and see what happened. Perfect carrot cake cookies are what happened.



Mini Carrot Cake Cookie Bites with Cream Cheese Filling

Prep Time
25 mins
Cook Time
15 mins
Total Time
40 mins

Ingredients
Cookie Ingredients:

  • 2 cups almonds
  • 1/4 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
  • 2 oz half and half
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cup coconut flakes

Cream Cheese Filling:

  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 6 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener, finely ground
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp half and half
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  • Process the almonds in a food processor until they start to break down into a nut butter. Stop the machine and scrape the sides down as needed. Add the sweetener, half and half, butter, egg whites, cinnamon, and baking powder. Process until smooth. Stir in the carrots and coconut flakes.
  • Using a small cookie scoop make about 40 cookies.







Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel