Grilled Huli Huli Chicken

This Grilled Huli Huli Chicken was the best thing we ate last week. Chicken Legs loves chicken thighs, so when I came across this recipe in one of my old cookbooks I knew I had to make it for him. It was SO good that we actually made it twice!

The chicken is marinated all day in a quick Hawaiian BBQ sauce. It is seriously delicious! I used dried ginger in the marinade, but feel free to use fresh ginger. I am not a huge ginger fan, so I didn't use a lot. If you love ginger, bump it up in the marinade.

We used chicken thighs in this recipe. If you aren't a fan of chicken thighs, feel free to use chicken tenders or breasts. I am going to make it with chicken tenders this weekend. YUM! Make sure to brush the chicken with all the reserved sauce - the sauce is way too good to waste!



INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 6 Tbsp ketchup
  • 6 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2-1/2 Tbsp sherry or chicken broth
  • 1/4 tsp 1/2 tsp dried ginger
  • 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2.5 pounds)

INSTRUCTIONS:

  • In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate.
  • Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (I put the chicken and marinade in a gallon ziplock bag)
  • Remove chicken from marinade and grill until done, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Baste chicken with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.





Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel