Basil Balsamic Chickpea and Kale Salad

A quick, healthy, and flavorful kale salad with protein-packed chickpeas, fresh basil, and crunchy almonds. Perfect for a light summer dinner! Vegan and gluten-free!

If Columbus had a beach, I would surely bring it this salad.

I would pack it up in the cutest beachy Tupperware and place it oh-so-neatly atop a red checkered tablecloth in a white wicker basket. Since there would likely be extra space in the picnic basket, I would perhaps pack a bottle of red vino as well. And maybe some crispy crackers with hummus. Because what’s a beach party (or any party for that matter) without wine and hummus?

I’m the weird friend that brings a snack and/or meal with me on all my adventures. When I went to Europe last summer, I was known for whipping out a baggie (from my way over-full purse) full of smooshed, melted no-bake bites. They looked like poo. They tasted like heaven. My friends made fun of me, but I think they were just a little jealous.



INGREDIENTS
For the dressing:

  • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste

For the salad:

  • 1½ bunches kale, stems removed and chopped
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2-15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • ½ cup chopped basil
  • ½ cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup diced red onion
  • ½ cup roasted and salted almonds, roughly chopped
  • 1 avocado, cubed (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
  • Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Massage salt into leaves until kale softens and turns a bit darker in color.
  • In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, basil, cranberries, red onion, almonds, and avocado. Toss to combine. Dump mixture into bowl with chopped kale.
  • Add dressing and stir to combine. Serve with additional almonds on top.




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel