George W. Bush’s Cowboy Cookies


I’m a sucker for a good chocolate chip cookie. I’ve also become a bit of a cookie “snob” over the years and am extremely picky about what I like. They can’t be too crisp, too flat, too dense, or too sweet. I need the perfect balance. George W. Bush’s Cowboy Cookie is it.



This week, I hosted a book club at my house (for my favorite book about this man) and had a whole line up of presidential foods. I had JFK’s fish chowder, Teddy Roosevelt’s clove cake, Barbara Bush’s mushroom quiche and her pecan pie, etc.

 I enjoyed every single one of them. But my very favorite food from that entire night was George W. Bush’s Cowboy Cookies. I don’t know if they were named after GW or if the name existed before they became a GW favorite? No idea. But, I do know that these cookies were perfection.

ingredients

1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup oats
3/4 cup coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
3/4 cup cornflakes, optional

Directions

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350-degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel