Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe

Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is a simple yet flavorful side dish. This pasta salad is filled with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Tossed with an Italian oil dressing and topped with balsamic glaze. The amazingly fresh fruit and vegetables are one of my favorite things about summertime. Now if I could only grow my own garden. Unfortunately, gardening has never been one of my skills. I swear, you either have it or you don’t! And up until now I definitely DON’T have it.

But this summer I have been working hard not to kill all the poor plants that are unfortunate enough to be under my care. I am thrilled to report that I have kept succulents, a ponytail palm and a basil plant alive all summer! If I can do it anyone can! Seriously, anyone. Who knows, maybe next year I’ll even grown my own tomatoes for this recipe.

Caprese Pasta Salad



Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
12 mins
Total Time
22 mins

Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is a simple yet flavorful side dish. This pasta salad is filled with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Tossed with an Italian oil dressing and topped with balsamic glaze.

Course: Side Dish
Servings: 8

Ingredients

Pasta Salad
8 ounces Radiatore Pasta (cooked according to package instructions, drained & cooled)
12 ounces Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
8 ounces Fresh Small Mozzarella Balls (aka ciliegine) (drained)
10 Large Basil Leaves (cut into ribbons)
Salt/Pepper (to taste)

Dressing

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
1 Garlic Clove (grated)
Pinch Salt/Pepper
Small Pinch White Sugar
Balsamic Reduction

Instructions

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and let pasta cool completely.

While pasta is cooling, mix all dressing ingredients and let sit.

In large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, salt/pepper and cooled pasta. If not serving immediately wait to cut and add the basil until just before serving to prevent darkening.

Toss pasta salad with dressing until evenly coated.

Serve with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel